We light the way!
Who are we?
Distech Controls, an innovation leader in energy management solutions, provides unique building management technologies and services that optimize energy efficiency and comfort in buildings, while reducing operating costs. We Connect people with intelligent building solutions through our passion for innovation, quality, customer satisfaction, and sustainability. The company serves multiple market segments through its worldwide business divisions, service offices and a superior network of Authorized Integrators. Distech Controls, Inc. is a subsidiary of Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc. For more information visit www.distech-controls.com
What will be your role?
The Sales Manager for NYC will be responsible for identifying and maintaining strategic relationships with General Contractors and Developers within NYC. Through both established and newly forged relationships you will have the responsibility of identifying a variety of projects in various stages of development throughout the NYC marketplace. The right individual will work with our current Distech Control’s System Integrator base and Acuity Brands Lighting Agency to cultivate existing relationships, while also possessing the ability to develop leads through lunch and learns, cold calls and networking events. The ideal candidate should have the ability to assist with estimating controls projects and have the technical aptitude to discuss a broad range of topics such as HVAC, BAS, IT, Fiber Networks and Lighting Controls.
This individual’s main-focus will be on projects that are one-million square feet or larger in the NYC metro area. Your mission is to sell the bigger picture and leverage Distech Controls as the enabling technology that leaves a building future ready for Acuity’s tier 3 & 4 solutions.
This candidate should currently reside in NYC and understand the market landscape. Existing relationships with GC, Consultants and Developers is a plus. The New York City Sales Manager reports directly to the Senior Regional Sales Manager.
What will you do?
- Identify and develop relationships with Consultants, General Contractors, Developers and Property Owners.
- Coordinate the involvement of Company personnel, including support, service and management resources, in order to meet growth objectives
- Promotes Distech in the market, including working with Consulting Engineers and Architects
- Actively participate in local professional organizations
- Will participate in various project management activities
- Estimating and proposal writing
- Maintains accurate tracking of leads and opportunities utilizing the CRM.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated Client accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Completes Client account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high Client satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Ability to influence at all levels in an organization, from the owner, to the sales person, to the
- The potential to assume positions of greater impact and complexity over time is required.
- A mindset that balances both strategy and innovation with direct and successful execution is critical.
- Earns a reputation for utilizing innovative approaches in complex markets, ultimately executing for
revenue and market share growth
Which candidate profile are we looking for?
- Proficient in English communication skills, bilingualism (French, Spanish) is an asset.
- Four years University or College degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of HVAC and/or Building Automation System channel sales management experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle various priorities.
- Personal computer proficiency and excels in MS Office Applications.
- Extensive experience and capability to speak “up and down” the channel/construction cycle
- (designers, manufacturers, engineering firms, general contractors, etc.)
- Experienced in a company that manufactures and markets technically complex controls products
- through a variety of distribution channels.
Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- This position requires some travel. The employee must hold a valid driver’s license.
- The employee shall hold a valid passport.
- This position may require the employee to maintain a home based office.
- Strong base salary and Sales Incentive Plan.
Why work for Distech Controls?
- Dynamic workplace and fast growing international company
- Continuous professional development program
- Competitive salary and extensive benefits, including annual performance bonus, group insurances and retirement program
- 3 weeks of vacation from year one
- Reward programs
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)