One of the industry leaders in cosmetic packaging, HCT Packaging, Inc. has supplied packaging and turnkey solutions to the world's leading cosmetic brands. With global offices in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, London and Hong Kong, HCT has for 20+ years supplied innovative designs, concepts, and products to the continually evolving business of beauty. HCT is an industry award winning manufacturer and is consistently recognized for its packaging creativity. With continued expansion on the horizon, we are pleased to offer exciting growth opportunities for the right candidate.
We have an immediate full time position available in our Santa Monica, CA office.
Essential Job Description:
As a Project Manager with HCT, you would be directing all aspects of product development to include concept generation, coordination with clientele on design input, testing & industrialization.
Primary responsibilities would include:
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of turnkey color cosmetic projects for a major brand
- Structure and enforce timelines for collaborative development through production and delivery
- Maintain daily correspondence with customers and global factories (supply chain management)
- Oversee the execution of purchase orders and manage global supply chain for turnkey production (packaging and product filling)
Qualifications: We're in the market for a stellar candidate with a combination of the following skills, experience & background:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Project Management role in the cosmetic industry is required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage upwards of 5 to 10 turnkey projects with auxiliary projects exceeding 20 to 30 projects simultaneously
- Friendly personality; able to communicate with clientele while functioning in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Excel and Word) is required
- Ability to function in a fast pace environment and succeed under continually changing conditions
- Knowledge of cosmetic product manufacturing is required
- Knowledge of plastics manufacturing is helpful but not required
- Ability to take direction and process solutions critically is necessary
- Strong verbal/written communication skills are essential
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
- Action Oriented: Takes on tasks and assignments with energy, visibly works hard to meet deadlines; not fearful of acting with minimum planning; gives up especially when faced with resistance or challenges.
- Approachable: Is easy to approach and talk to, viewed as warm, pleasant, and gracious; builds rapport well; is a good listener.
- Interpersonal Skills & Customer Orientation: Relates well to others both internally and externally; establishes and maintains effective relationships with external parties and gains trust and respect.
- Follow Through & Multi-Tasking: Uses time effectively and efficiently, concentrates efforts on high priorities; able to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner with good communication to task owners; strong follow through on getting others to complete tasks in a team oriented manner.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems.
- Professional: Is viewed as professionally mature and can handle stress, is cool under pressure; avoids becoming defensive or annoyed when times are challenging.
- Immediate full time opportunity
- Great Medical, Dental & Vision benefits after 90 days
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- Excellent 401k plan
- 17 days — Paid Time Off per calendar year (pro-rated the first year)
- 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Pay rate: depending on experience
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Santa Monica Location (Ocean Park & 28th Street)
For further info on our company, please visit our website: www.hctpackaging.com.
HCT Packaging complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- cosmetics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off