Role: Responsible for the ongoing review of consumer and commercial loans originated and processed within the company. The primary purpose of the review is to assure that approved underwriting guidelines are being used by all authorized lending personnel in granting credit. This position can work out of either our Watkinsville, GA Operations Office or our Lake Oconee Main Office.
Enjoy an excellent benefit package including: bank paid employee-only medical & dental premiums; affordable vision coverage, health flexible spending account, paid time off, paid holidays, bank paid short and long term disability, bank paid employee term life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with company match, wellness program, supplemental accident and critical illness policies and more.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts the daily, ongoing quality control function, including pre-closings and post-closing review activities (consumer, business, mortgage, Trid-LE and CD) originated within the Bank.
- Reviews, manages and facilitates remediation (as required) for all loan documents.
- Works with all lending personnel to assure the approved underwriting procedures are used.
- Ensures that all QA functions are performed within their set standards.
- Perform loan processing duties as required. (see loan processing job description)
- Satisfactorily complete all required Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC compliance training.
- Comply with all regulations which apply within the scope of this position.
- Demonstrate collaborative leadership and cross-department communication and coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Characteristics and Skills:
- Integrity, discretion and respect for confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth -oriented environment.
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills that invoke a team approach and cooperative attitude
- Knowledge of loan policy and procedures
Five to ten years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or previous related experience.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Knowledge of MS word and Excel.
BankSouth is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off