POSITION PURPOSE - This position is responsible for direct fulfillment activity and work as a liaison to integrate direct fulfillment programs and internet product assortment for an entire merchandising department. Key objectives include driving direct/online and catalog sales, increasing store traffic/sales, and increasing customer satisfaction through a consistent multi-channel customer experience. This role will be responsible to partner with merchants to define and incorporate catalog and e-business product assortment. Additionally, the position will work to establish the most efficient and cost effective supply chain solution.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- 20% Executes merchandising strategy for the direct to consumer business and works to understand the key components or business drivers (e.g. historical performance, industry/competitive landscape, consumer identification, and SOAR).
- 20% Review final product assortment details to ensure accuracy and integrity of information.
- 20% Contribute to the selection and merchandising of catalog products.
- 15% Ensure catalog plans maximize catalog sales. Analyze and incorporate product information into existing catalog assortment plans.
- 10% Communicate assortment details by providing specifications such as assortment lists and other relevant information to prompt appropriate decisions based on product performance
- 15% Work with e-business team to establish an integrated look and feel across multi-channel solutions
NATURE AND SCOPE - Department VP or DMM; No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 07
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS - Strong project management skills and ability to effectively communicate and/or present complex processes or activities.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business
- Proven experience in the direct to consumer retail business, merchandising execution, visual merchandising, new concepts, inventory management, channel management, and supplier management.
- Knowledge of retail markets and the ability to manage online category assortment
- Proven ability in a retail environment
- Understanding products and performance cycle trends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and schedule demands.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data, identify trends and develop action plans to grow comp sales and improve profitability
- Proven ability to communicate to audiences at varied levels, internal and external to the company - oral and written