This position is responsible for determining customer needs and delivering on-demand, online products to meet those needs by developing and managing Professional Development courses on international standards. Key functions include establishing relationships with customers and subject matter experts, developing and customizing learning products, and managing existing learning products. This position develops and implements product goals, manages budget targets, provides quality products and services for customers, and achieves revenue goals for the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquire content and develop new programs or products: Conduct continuous environmental scanning to determine which industry standards require a Professional Development solution; Identify products, markets, or SMEs that represent product development opportunities; Perform competitive analysis; Evaluate course proposals and determine relevance, need, quality, and other factors to ascertain viability of product (go/no go decision); Determine delivery format and source resources needed; Negotiate set terms to develop product including content licensing/ copyright permission; Effectively manage SME relationships including providing guidelines and support to subject matter experts, standards committee members, technical reviewers, and suppliers. Product development may include registrar recognition and approval: Manage process of developing competencies and credentialing assessments.
- Receive draft content (course description, market data); Refine content with SME/Standards Committee Member(s); Conduct expert review process with qualified technical reviewers; Design final learning experience/product; Create product plan including, pricing, and marketing direction; Release product to CMS, Marketing, Customer Service; Manage database and learning technologies as needed including CMS, LMS, and appropriate learning and authoring tools
- Manage portfolio of assigned learning products, potentially including registrar accreditation: Conduct performance analysis; Evaluate success of product; Monitor industry standards to determine when product has completed life cycle or needs refreshed; Provide feedback and coaching to SME’s/Standards Committees; Analyze and refine marketing plans in collaboration with Marketing; Assist SMEs/Standards Committees in keeping products updated; Manage learning experience for CQI; Manage database and learning technologies as needed including CMS, LMS, and appropriate learning tools
- Assist with Corporate Learning sales activity or e-Learning operations and technical support as needed
- Contribute to the achievement of SAE's organizational goals.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Design/Technology, Business, Technical or related field required. Masters preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 5 years experience in product development, educational design, training products, e-Learning in a technical content area, or related business, required
- Experience in adult education or instructional design
- Experience with professional certification and technical programs
- Sales, account management, and negotiation skills
- Experience in association/non-profit environment, preferred
- Ability to work effectively with external customers and service providers, required
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of technical standards and technology in the mobility industry
- Training/experience/skills in negotiation
- Solid understanding of educational development and instructional design principles
- Working knowledge of current learning technologies and online course delivery
- Ability to self-train on new products and procedures
- Ability to travel 15%
- May be required to lift 25lbs
SAE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.