Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for West Palm Beach PAL's staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to West Palm Beach PAL's mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- A bachelor's degree, with at least 5 years of nonprofit senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and implemented strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate
existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- A proven track record of successful grant writing and administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to strategic business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, self-directed and accountable