Apex Systems, part of On Assignment & the 2nd largest IT staffing Solutions firm in the country has an opportunity for an Oracle Database Administrator for a client in Boston, MA (can sit 100% remote). If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated version of your resume to Matthew Bonvouloir at email@example.com with your best contact information. Also, Apex does offer a referral policy if you know anyone else who might be interested!
Oracle Database Administrator
negotiable based on experience
- Provides database operations support, monitoring databases and backups, resolving repetitive and simple events and escalating more complex incident according to the standard operating procedures
- Provides production database support with specific focus on availability, capacity, performance, security and recoverability.
- Performs database installation and configuration, tuning, capacity planning, health checks, backups & recovery and change management according to documented standards
- Troubleshoots issues with database instances, DR, replication and backups and eliminates root causes thru systematic problem management practices
- Provides database development/project support in compliance with database design standards.
- Designs and develops database systems to meet application and business requirements across multiple platforms and computing environments.
- Provides guidance on best practices and standards and supports the project teams with database related activities throughout the software development lifecycle
- Evaluates and certifies database technologies, while assisting in the management of vendor relationships and the definition of vendor product feature sets.
- Designs, develops and drives global implementation of database standards, tools and procedures throughout the IT organization
- Ensures database security controls meet internal and external audit and compliance requirements.
- Implements database technologies for global standards, data classification, and data privacy according to regulatory guidelines
- Performs as a technical subject matter expert in the development of highly complex, innovative and cost effective database solutions
- Plans and manages implementation and integration of new technologies
- Provides ultimate direction for multiple projects and is responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems
- Acts as a consultant to development groups, technical teams, executives and customers
- Recognized regionally and internally as a technical and subject matter expert in a specialized field
- Serves as consultant to senior leadership on database programs and long-term systems strategies
- Provides expertise and guides work on complex database systems of great scope with advanced technical complexity that may have global impact
- Works with database functional management to initiate and lead strategic efforts
- Shares business vision with database community and leads team to achieve the vision through system design
- Establishes quality standards relative to all aspects of database management
- Develops database systems as innovative solutions to previously undefined business/user needs
- Performs complex application environment builds and refreshes
- Provides advice, guidance, mentoring and coaching to others
- Years of experience 15+
- Has experience in SAP Oracle environment
- Good project planning skills
- Has worked as a lead and managed team of 5+
- Oracle DBA with good knowledge of Oracle Grid, Data Guard, ASM, HA etc,
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178