Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Reporting into the Go-To-Market (GTM) Senior Manager, The GTM Manager coordinates the GTM methodology for new and existing product lines offered by Discover Global Network to a variety of clients, including issuers, merchants, acquirers, digital enablers and payment providers in a global environment. The GTM Manager will also be responsible for utilizing his/her industry, market and product expertise, to proactively educate the DGN organization on the product features, market developments applicable to the product suite, emerging themes and partnership opportunities. We are seeking a qualified candidate with GTM experience launching products or technical services in the market, preferably in a global environment along with strong network experience or issuing/acquiring/banking background.
The Product Manager (Go to Market) determines market readiness strategy for supported product suite(s) and applies the product go to market framework in collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups. He/she ensures complete and effective product documentation to guide the product positioning in market and assist marketing strategies to drive product adoption, growth and retention. He/she will also coordinate the go to market methodology for new and existing product lines offered to a variety of clients, including issuers, merchants, acquirers, digital enablers and payment providers in a global environment.
- Determine the go to market strategy, documentation required and guide product positioning for supported products.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with key internal stakeholder groups including Product Management, Marketing and Sales teams to gather requirements, gain internal alignment on product readiness strategy development and ensure executional delivery.
- Develop and disseminate materials to educate internal and external stakeholders on new product offerings.
- Coach the client facing teams on positioning new products, product introduction, exploration and interest.
- Leverage learnings across product launches to drive standardization.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Social Sciences, Information Technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Payments or Product Management, Product Launch or Related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments, or related including Product Management Experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Social Sciences or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments, Product Management or related
- 2+ years of experience in Product launch or go to market experience, especially for a technology or financial services industry
- Payment services experience within Product
- Strong technical expertise
- Strong communications skills/ability to collaborate internally and externally at all levels
- Understanding of competitor products and market trends
- Strong organizational, analytical and management skills, with the ability to balance multiple projects successfully and efficiently.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Knowledge or experience of key stakeholder function in sales, sales enablement, product marketing or product management.
- Strong business acumen while still having technical aptitude
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.