Coverent is a specialized consulting services firm focused on developing innovative solutions to the most challenging problems facing our nation. We are growing quickly, but focused on maintaining our commitment to fantastic results and a fair, flexible, and fun culture:
- Are you interested in working for a boutique firm who sees its employees as more than just a number?
- Are you intrigued by the notion of joining a small team of talented, passionate consultants with a clear vision to help our clients achieve their missions better, smarter, faster?
- Does a company culture that emphasizes outcomes, fairness, and flexibility sound appealing?
- Would you like to be rewarded for your contributions, via programs like annual bonuses and company profit sharing?
- Would you appreciate having a choice of options from top-notch benefit providers for medical and retirement plans?
- Are you interested in a learning culture that is forward-leaning regarding training, education, and professional development?
If you answer YES to these questions, Coverent could be the employer of choice for you. Description of role
Coverent is looking for a Business Analyst to join our corporate team in McLean, VA. Primary tasks include producing weekly and monthly qualitative and quantitative reporting to assess corporate performance against goals. Position reports to our Manager of Business Operations and requires working cross-functionally with the executive and functional teams.
Essential duties are to create, maintain, and present corporate and functional scorecards assessing business results, trends, and forecasts, as well as, performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and conducting user acceptance testing.
- Produce reporting to enable weekly and monthly assessments of progress to goal for executive, director, and manager-level audiences
- Create, update, maintain weekly corporate and functional scorecards
- Ensure consistent, usable, actionable, and understandable data is presented to all stakeholders
- Identify, analyze, and interpret or explain trends
- Consistently, timely produce scorecard
- Act as a "data steward", improving data quality, business processes, and customizing systems to meet business measurement and reporting needs
- Maintain the corporate meta data including a logical data model, data dictionary, defined master data of record, ETL requirements, continuous drive towards systematic reporting
- Increase speed of production through creating keys necessary for cross-referencing data sets
- Assess cost-benefit or effective prioritization analyses
- Research and devise solutions to business reporting requirements, including developing recommendations and/or solution memos for approval
- Work with corporate strategic direction and functional requirements to implement approved solutions
- Produce qualitative and quantitative progress assessments from our goal or project management tools (burn down)
- Effectively communicating to keep all stakeholders synchronized through procedural or process change
- U.S. Citizenship
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- The ability to work closely with stakeholders to determine requirements and acceptable solutions
- Advanced analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating accurate, detailed reports
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Advanced skills in Excel and MS Access
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with database administration and data dictionary
- Thorough understanding of ETL operations
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment
- Professional Services industry experience
- Federal contracting industry experience
- Business Analysis
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint
Indeed Hire and Coverent are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Professional Services industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Federal contracting industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- working in a matrixed team environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Full Polygraph (Required)