DELTA is pleased to offer part- and full-time paid internship positions this summer from May through the end of August. Positions are available at our DC and Alexandria offices.
Interns will report to a designated DELTA employee and will be involved in operational and administrative functions supporting day-to-day activities, including: *Analyzing business practices *Defining taxonomies for complex internal government material including memos, reports, project notes *Assist with the preparation of white papers *Scheduling *Preparing project materials and program binders *Basic online research *Database management *Writing and editing *Preparing and revising briefing presentations
*Develop business practice flow charts *Prepare explanatory briefs on business practices and taxonomies of environmental information and data *Develop a data archive of all program reviews conducted to include a summary data base where results can be accessed by future reviewers *Develop a product user survey to assess return on investment *Develop a best practices guidebook to include governing programmatic dos and don'ts *Update organizational charts for government personnel *Gather content for use in website updating *Assist with data tracking and archiving *Budget development and tracking
GENERAL OFFICE MAINTENANCE
Some internship positions may include light office work such as: answering phones; greeting visitors; coordinating mailings; ordering supplies; and filing.
- Must be at least a rising senior in high school
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Exceptional technological aptitude including experience with databases (construction and usage) is preferred). *Exceptional customer service
- inAbility to perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion according to schedules and goals
- Ability to exercise independent judgment while being an effective team player
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work successfully a fast-paced, production-oriented environment
Interns will be paid hourly. The hourly rate will vary based on level of experience and education.