Position: Human Resources / Training and Development Director - Chemical Industry
Location: Philadelphia, PA - Chemical Industry
Salary: $90,000 to $130,000/Yr. + Bonus
Excellent Relocation Package
Chemical Industry - The Human Resources / Training and Development Director is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's team members. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for team members. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance and recognize performance. This positon is responsible to define and implement Strategy in terms of people planning, culture and knowledge management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assess, analyze, develop, implement and oversee learning and development Company strategies and programs in alignment with the global organization’s strategy.
- Develop and Implement a Learning & Development strategy that enables the organization to be relevant with technology and ways of learning.
- Lead designer, developer and other relevant supporting staff to provide earning solutions for internal use.
- Provide leadership with strategic consulting and integration in regards to development within the organization, across P&O, and to business leaders. Utilizes expert facilitation skills in conducting leadership and professional development programs for mid to senior levels across the organization.
- Build development strategies and processes for Company team members and leaders.
- Oversee OSHA required training metrics, technical trainings (HES, lab, maintenance, operations, non-industrial, Six-Sigma,), training onboarding checklist, and ensure compliance in audits and through tracking tools.
- Support initiatives for all needed Compliance trainings.
- Facilitate talent review meetings with Division / Functional Executives to ensure consistent and effective identification and development of high potential talent through the Succession Planning Process.
- Provide learning needs analysis, design, development, assessment, implementation and evaluation of training materials to ensure alignment with business strategy; apply business scrutiny as to what to develop in-house versus use outside support.
- Work with external educators, vendors and consultants as deemed appropriate; negotiate cost-effective solutions including grant initiatives.
- Develop and implement global training and development initiatives
- Responsible for internal pipeline of talent (interns & associates), as well as succession planning process.
- Lead activities for Company culture including new team member orientation, periodic reinforcements, PA cycle processes refreshers and training.
- Oversee supportive educational programs (Language, Education Reimbursement).
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, HR, Psychology or a related field.
- 10 years of business related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar; 5 years of chemical industry experience.
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Experience with design and implementation of a strategy with technological enhancements.
- HR or Training professional certification.
- Experienced in structuring and implementing technical trainings as well as soft skill trainings.
- Experience with implementing internal communication tools and reports.
- Experience with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to collaborate within a team oriented atmosphere.
- Problem solving skills, analytical thinking, innovation and responsibility.
- Ability to operate with self-motivation and independence.
- Willingness to travel.
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 3 years of general HR Manager experience.
- International HR experience preferred.
- Experience with Gyrus.
- Experience with leading cross functional teams.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- USA Domestic HR Training and Development: 5 years
- Human Resource Manager: 5 years
- Training & Development: 5 years
- International HR Training and Development: 5 years