The Networking Engineer will provide in depth architectural, design and technical guidance for all IT operational disciplines including focuses on hardware, network, security, telecom, and technology services for the organization.
The Networking Engineer must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and deep technical skills in support of the WCIRB systems hardware and software. Candidate will be required to work non-standard hours at times and will partner with all technology disciplines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and maintain critical network infrastructure services.
- Develop and implement security policies and tools for authentication, logging, scanning, and detection to protect network services and applications.
- Actively participate with IT Infrastructure team to improve current systems and drive development of new infrastructure solutions.
- Configure, patch, upgrade, troubleshoot, and monitor all technology infrastructure hardware (servers, storage, networking, etc.), software (monitoring tools, virtualization technologies, etc.), security, and technology services (telecom, data services, etc.).
- Collaborate with other IT analysts, engineers, and architects in proposing and creating system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to software engineers and other members of the development teams.
- Setup and maintain Virtual Machines for various groups, and oversee setup and management of secure data transmissions.
- Research and prototype new infrastructure solutions.
- Perform capacity monitoring, as well as system backups and recoveries.
- Develop, test, and maintain disaster recovery solutions.
May require specific knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows Infrastructure
- Cloud Infrastructure
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty in order to perform this job successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (including completed courses in relevant areas such as computer science, computer languages, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and progressive, related experience supplemented with courses and seminars in relevant subject matters.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing and maintaining security infrastructure for perimeter networks, intrusion detection, and firewall.
- 3-5 years of experience with Windows operating systems administration including Active Directory, Group Policies, server builds, OS installation and upgrades, troubleshooting, optimization, security, and hardware maintenance.
- Experience working with information security issues and remediation including the ability to research and develop security solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience with Cisco networking, Firewalls (Check Point or Palo Alto Networks), Storage Area Networks, and Blade Servers
- 3-5 years of experience with scripting (e.g. shell, PERL, C, PowerShell) and familiarity with SQL and web services.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure (e.g. AWS and Microsoft Azure)
- CISSP, CCNA, MCSE highly preferred
- High level English language skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to tailor verbal and written communications to employees that have widely divergent experience with WCIRB software and hardware.
- The ability to function as a member of a team.
The physical demands described in this section are to be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Job will require 70% sitting; and 30% standing.
- Lifting equipment up to 40 lbs.
- Significant amount of time spent at a PC using keyboard and/or mouse.
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Frequent interaction with employees of different departments and divergent skills with WCIRB software and hardware.
- Occasional periods of high stress and moments requiring quick, knowledgeable decision-making.
Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. As such, the job description may be reviewed depending on the WCIRB’s needs. Further, this job description is a general summary of responsibilities and requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive of the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Firewall management: 2 years (Required)
- Networking/Routing: 2 years (Required)
- Check Point: 2 years (Preferred)
- Palo Alto Networks: 2 years (Required)
- Cisco: 2 years (Required)