- Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management
Value Stream Leader
Kick off a challenging and rewarding engineering career with Coty! Our Manufacturing Process Engineers are responsible for driving production losses to zero and delivering breakthrough results in your assigned area. These areas include power and control systems, making and chemical process, new product initiatives, material optimization, high-speed filling technologies and packing technologies. The Process Engineer will lead continuous improvement activities through detailed data analysis and root cause problem solving tools to achieve business objectives. Dealing with a multitude of current and future products, Manufacturing Process Engineers have the technical curiosity and knowledge to develop new approaches to big problems. Your work will require creativity, innovation, teamwork, and leadership.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis to identify, prioritize and eliminate process losses.
- Apply process improvement tools including statistical process control, process mapping, control charts, design of experiments, Lean methodology and process capability studies.
- Analyze critical line data to make recommendations for improvement from trends.
- Develop standards and train line technicians for continuous improvement at the line.
- Develop and document processes (Process Flow Diagrams).
- Interact with New Product Development, Packaging Concept Development, Technical Packaging Development, Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure effective implementation of new products.
- Own change management and validation processes for a designated process. Update process control strategies and operating procedures as changes occur.
- Support Quality department in establishing, implementing, and maintaining Quality Management System.
- Work with Supplier Quality Engineer’s and create link between operational requirements and material supplier capabilities.
- Drive cost savings through improved productivity, material utilization improvements and by optimizing labor.
- Develop innovative process equipment solutions to deliver superior consumer driven product designs.
- Use Reliability Engineering tools to drive machine setting determinations and loss elimination
- You will have the opportunity to utilize 6-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies to drive improvement in critical KPI’s for the manufacturing facility.
- Participate in annual budgeting process for the value stream you work in.
- Work with engineering to develop capital equipment list, as well as assisting with the financial justification of these capital projects. Also support line certification (FAT, SAT, etc.)
- Develop him/ herself through participating in corporate and external trainings
- Once qualified you will have the opportunity to coach and train new process engineers who join the organization.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- 0 to 3+ years of experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment, with a background in root cause problem solving, Lean Manufacturing practices, and continuous improvement.
Special Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes and mathematical/engineering methods to solve problems in a manufacturing environment
- Analytical problem solving and information gathering skills (Key Performance Indicator reporting, gap analysis, Kaizen, Loss Tree, cause-and-effect diagrams, 5-whys, etc.)
Functional / Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of statistics - Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Project management and technical report writing skills.
- Lean tools (i.e poka yoke / mistake proofing / pFMEA, SMED, Standard work, value stream mapping, TPM, 5S, continuous flow, visual factory, pull systems / Kanban, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Equipment and Process Validation, statistical sampling methods and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Background in training, coaching, and project management skills to develop project scopes, specifications, schedules, timelines, and deliverables.
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, drawing software, SAP).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
This position requires the ability to work mandatory overtime to meet business needs either within the day and/or the weekend and business operates on multiple shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Light: Requires exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Requires 6 or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an 8-hour workday. Sitting may be required only intermittently and occasionally. Stooping is usually required occasionally.
Duration & Repetitive Standards
Occasionalrepetitive activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time equivalent to 2.5 hours of an 8 hour work day or up to 20 minutes each hour.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Process Technician: 1 year (Preferred)