Full Job Description
Seasonal Sales Agent (Part Time - Work From Home)
Do you enjoy helping customers, matching them with exactly the services they need? Would you like to make a living helping people, all from the comfort of your own home? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Center Sales Agent!
This is a great opportunity for students and teachers, or anyone who wants a temporary/summer job!
Seasonal Center Sales Agents take back-to-back incoming calls from customers calling either the U-Haul toll free 1-800-GO-UHAUL phone number or specific U-Haul Moving Centers across the U.S. and Canada. Agents assist customers with new business/sales related to U-Haul moving equipment and storage, as well as other related products and services. Center sales agents are also expected to assist customers who have an existing reservation or current business with U-Haul as needed. This includes answering general questions about pricing, products and services, making changes to existing reservations, and offering new products and services to existing customers.
Exceptions: Hiring in all states/cities/counties except the following – CA, DC, Chicago, New York City, Seattle, and Montgomery County (MD).
U-Haul offers its Seasonal Sales Agents:
- Train and work from home - various schedules!
- Comprehensive on-the-job training, as well as ongoing self-directed professional development at U-Haul University
- Hourly base + Bonus\*
We offer on-the-job education which allows you the opportunity to learn and begin performing some of your job duties right away while helping customers. This role offers hands-on education working with your manager from day one, and self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Clear speaking voice
- General knowledge of U.S. geography
- Positions are available through Sunday, September 6, 2020. This is the end date for this seasonal position.
- Must be able to work at least 8 weeks.
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week – no overtime.
- Set schedule of 40 hours per week with no overtime. Five day work week with one day off during the week and one day off on the weekend. Pick from the following schedules in Arizona time:
- 6 am – 2:30 pm
- 7 am – 3:30 pm
- 8 am – 4:30 pm
- 9 am – 5:30 pm
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on being flexible with schedules, especially for students and teachers. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business the result may be less hours scheduled.
- Hourly base + bonus based on the achievement of sales related goals\*
The following is required to work from home:
- Quiet, private work area
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
- Non-wireless USB headset with a microphone
- Minimum Internet speed requirements: 5MB down / 2MB up, or greater. Preferred Internet speed for a better experience: 10MB down / 5MB up.Check your Internet speed at speedtestcustom.com
Click the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ
- Windows or Mac OS allowed; If Windows then Windows 10 is required
- 8GB of RAM or greater
- Windows : CPU score of 2500 or greaterGo to this website .
Type the name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU Score)
- Mac : Core i5 processor or greater
- To find your RAM and the name of your processor:
- Windows OS: From the Start menu or search windows function type RAM
- Mac OS: Open Apple menu and click About This Mac then click System Report
- Windows Users should have the following installed: Adobe Reader (set to default PDF viewer)
Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
- Mac Users should have the following installed: MacOS Preview (should be pre-installed on Mac OS)
Web browsers: Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome
- Once hired, install and use the required Company software including a Company provided anti-virus software
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet the minimum requirements
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet service or similar
- Using a Proxy server or third party network
- Compute stick or similar device
- Windows XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop
- Working in a public place or using a public internet connection
- Unsecure Wi-Fi or one that does not meet with the other Wi-Fi requirements
- Running any non-work related programs on your computer while working
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus software. This is a PCI (payment card industry) requirement
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $10.00 /hour
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Weekends required
- Holidays required