- Provides primary or acute health care services for certain acute or chronic health conditions in specific populations in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
2. Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions, including use of prescriptive authority and referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
3. Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health and wellness, treatment options, and community resources.
4. Provides care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices, shared decision-making and the right to self-determination.
Master's Degree in Nursing and graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with specialization in area of practice.
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
Florida State licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and/or other designation as required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. This job requires credentialing.
Complexity of Work:
Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience:
Previous RN experience.
1-2 years experience functioning as a ARNP in a Primary Care role strongly desired.
South Broward Community Health Services and the Outpatient Center are an integral part of Memorial Healthcare System. The Community Health Services offer compassionate medical care for the growing number of uninsured or underinsured residents of South Broward County.
Located in Hollywood, West Hollywood and Dania Beach, the centers offer a variety of vital programs which include disease management and pediatric services, as well as Mobile Health Centers for both children and adults.
In addition, we have Memorial Outpatient Center in Hallandale offering high-quality medical and health-related services such as mammography, bone density testing, EKGs, CT scans, Ultrasound, nuclear medicine, an adult day care center and a senior resource center.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.