Tremendous opportunity to influence the growth of an outstanding company – GLS is seeking a top tier talent to serve as an SQL ETL Developer in our Greenville, SC office!
Be part of a growing, dynamic and innovative company in the subprime automotive lending space! Named one of Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies for the past three years, Global Lending Services (GLS)is a national originator and servicer of Sub-Prime Auto Loans operating out of Greenville, SC, with operations in Atlanta GA and Phoenix AZ. The company is committed to building a world-class operation, combining industry-leading talent with a modernized, analytically driven technology platform.
The SQL ETL Developer is responsible for building fast, reliable, transparent, and scalable business-focused information systems. This position designs and builds standardized ETL processes used to populate the data warehouse and feed data to external partners. The position consults with Business Analysts and Users toward the efficient and effective use of SQL to perform their analytic and Business Intelligence functions.
- Design, build, enhance, and maintain fault-tolerant ETL processes to make new and existing data sources readily available to statisticians, analysts, applications, and external business partners using Hadoop, Hive, SQL Server, SSIS, and PowerShell
- Automate manual data processes, optimize user queries, and facilitate data research and understanding while partnered with analysts and business specialists
- Set-up secure data exchanges using industry standard encryption techniques
- Integrate processes and tools to monitor and improve data quality and system stability as prescribed by the data governance team
- Participate in the development of customized reports and reporting packages using SQL Server, SSRS, Power BI, and PowerApps
- Write efficient SQL Server queries and stored procedures to populate reporting datasets
- Review and provide feedback to other developers on the Data Warehouse team, with an emphasis on efficiency, quality, and maintainability
- Decipher existing reporting and database processes to assist users, Systems Analysts, and Data Stewards in understanding reports
- Foster a collaborative culture that facilitates the achievement of business plan objectives by working closely with other associates and members of management
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the company or as directed by management
- Minimum of bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in ETL, BI, Business or Statistical Analytics fields required
- Must have a basic understanding of SQL including basic joins, inserts, updates, deletes, conditional logic, subqueries, temp tables, and complex data transformation functions
- Knowledgeable of relational database management systems required. T-SQL (Microsoft SQL) preferred
- Experience reviewing datasets for data quality required
- Experience with Microsoft data products (Excel, PowerApps, SSAS, SSIS, Sharepoint Workflows, Data Factory, Polybase, PowerShell, etc) preferred, but candidates with experience using similar programming languages and data tools will be considered
- Experience with un- or semi-structured data (ex. XML, Xproc, Hadoop, Hive, Pig) a plus
- Intrinsically motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, identify needs, make recommendations for improvement, see recommendations through implementation, and evaluate improvements for effectiveness
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business
- Financial Services and process improvement experience a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Team player that can adapt to a fast pace and changing environment
- Proficient computer skills with a working knowledge of internet and standard business applications such as Microsoft Office; ability to quickly learn new computer applications as required
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Please visit our site at www.glsllc.com to learn about our great company and other great opportunities!