Join our team of professionals at a new, state of the art Center opening soon!
The Infant/Toddler Classroom Caregiver will meet the needs of all children; including those who are at risk, those with special needs, those who are gifted, and those who are culturally diverse.
High School Diploma
Training and Coursework to obtain a highly recognized Child Development Credential will be provided.
Work Location: Early Head Start Center, 1435 Liberty Street, Trenton, New Jersey
12 Month Position - Schedule: 35 Hours Per Week
Full Benefits: Medical/Dental/Flexible Spending Account/Paid Time Off/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability Insurance/403(b) Plan
Salary: $30,600/annual = $16.81 per hour
The Infant/Toddler Classroom Caregiver will provide a successful, safe and supervised educational setting for infants and toddlers while they are in the Early Head Start environment. Develop individual goals for children, provide on-going assessment on progress and facilitate transition into Head Start or other pre-school settings. Support parents in their role as primary caretakers and educators of their children and encourage their involvement in all aspects of the program.
The Caregiver will meet the needs of all children; including those wo are at risk, those with special needs, those who are gifted, and those who are culturally diverse.
- Integrate all Early Head Start components into classroom time.
- Develop and utilize daily plans, which reflect mandated elements, parental and cultural influences, and promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of EHS children.
- Individualize one-to-one and group activities to reflect the unique needs and strengths of all children in the classroom.
- Follow consistent routines, which include feeding, diapering and toileting, napping, planned small and large group experiences, choice time, activities such as music and movement, large and small motor activities, and effective transitions between activities.
Experience Qualifications: One year classroom or personal experience working with children ages birth to three years old.
The Children’s Home Society is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.02 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All CDC, New Jersey State, and Children's Home Society policies and procedures are followed.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- caring for children ages birth thru 3: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location