EQUITY BUILDERS, INC - Junior Designer
The Junior Designer, while working under the direct supervision of a Lead Design and Project Manager, performs a broad variety of tasks.
- Under supervision, build and/or make updates to existing drawings and SketchUp Model(s)
- Work with design team to develop design ideas and produce fabrication drawings
- May assist Lead Designer in selecting fixtures, finishes, and equipment
- Under supervision, develops conceptual design component/fabrication details
- Assists in the development of drawings: layouts, fabrication specs, details, cut files, etc
- Assists in the development of design packages complete with some cost estimating
- Assists with the verification of site details to support design
- Assists in sourcing & modeling fixtures, finishes, and equipment and their specifications to support design
- Supports the team throughout construction process: may attend client meetings, provide documentation support, quickly drawing/modeling updates/changes, etc.
- Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field (equivalent professional experience may be substituted)
- 1+ year experience or equivalent educational experience related to restaurant interior design projects, tenant improvement, or custom fabrication.
- Intermediate SketchUp skills - or willingness to learn
- Ability to learn SketchUp (with strong AutoCAD/Revit/3DS Max or other modeling software skills, it's possible to quickly gain proficiency with our SketchUp process under some direction)
- Ability to produce shop drawings (fabrication specs, .DWG/.DXF exports, PDF, vector, etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills ( Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a Team Environment
- Familiarity with Commercial Kitchen Sourcing & Specs.
- Basic interior architecture detailing skills
- Commitment to support projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Please submit a portfolio or work examples with your application
- Working Conditions:
- In the Design/Build world trained designers must become familiar with processes of fabrication, installation, and progression of design through its' actual construction. This fast-paced environment will require organizational skills and strong follow-through
- Most of the time the Junior Designer will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements. this may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist or reach. Occasionally, the Junior Designer will be required to visit a job site to perform site-verifications, measurements, and field surveys.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour