Companies that succeed are those that provide an outstanding and unforgettable customer experience. Merkle Retirement Planning is a successful and growing retirement planning firm working directly with retirees and pre-retirees to help them achieve their retirement vision. We are looking for an individual who will assist us in our growth by solving our clients’ accounting needs. To offer a full suite of services as we continue to grow our business, we are looking to add a motivated Certified Public Accountant with experience in public accounting to our dynamic team. If you want to participate in a successfully growing organization that puts the client’s needs first and has fun while doing it, then this is the perfect organization for you.
This individual would work full-time in our Grimes, Iowa office.
- Provide individualized services in tax research, preparation, and filings for individuals, corporations, and partnerships.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, including planning, executing, directing, and providing tax advice and services.
- Collaborate directly with our Merkle Retirement Planning financial advisers and team to create and implement tax-advantageous strategies for clients.
- Assist in financial statement preparation and review.
- Assist clients with managing federal and state tax audits and negotiating tax positions.
- Provide timely, high-quality service that exceeds client expectations.
- Address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise.
- Stay current on new and changing legislation and the impacts on our clients and their retirement plans.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 1+ year of demonstrated experience as a Certified Public Accountant.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of tax regulations, preparation, and filings.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax and customer required deadlines.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment that moves quickly.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Self-starter with the desire to create and grow the position.
- Ability to build strong ongoing relationships with clients.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills.
- Ability to foster a company culture built on collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit, results, teamwork and positive attitude.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- 40-50 hour weeks.
- Five weeks of paid time off.
- Health benefits with dental and vision.
- Annual employee incentives trip if goals are met.
- 401(k) match up to 6% after one year of employment with no vesting schedule.
- Fitness reimbursement.
- Team bonding experiences.
- Opportunity for continued financial growth and professional development.
- Compensation: $90,000-110,000 annually with potential for bonuses.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) 6% Match
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Public accounting: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person