- Early Childhood Education
- Management Experience
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Office
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Performance Bonuses
- Dental Insurance
Kiddie Academy of Round Rock Child Care Center is hiring Center Director to add to our growing team.
To apply and for immediate interview, visit us at 5080 North A.W. Grimes Blvd, Round Rock TX 78665. For more information about us, check out our website at www.kiddieacademy.com/round-rock
- Competitive pay
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off accrual
- Paid training and time for professional development including CPR and First Aid
- Company sponsor Health and Dental Insurance
- Company sponsor 401k Retirement plan that match up to 4% of salary.
- Generous Employee Child care discount
- Education Assistant Program for CDA or Early Childhood Education.
- Candidate must have Bachelor of Arts Degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education and 3+ years of experience working in a child care center as an administrative staff.
- Must be proficient in Computers, Microsoft Office products, and familiar with different Social Media platforms.
- Preferred Candidate with experience in sales, marketing, communication, budget management and management experience in Franchise or Corporate Child Care centers.
- Preferred Candidate with State of Texas Director Credential. Candidate must able to obtain State of Texas Director Credential within 30 days of employment if current credential not available.
- Candidate must meet state minimum requirements for education and experience and clear all background check without any condition from Texas Department of Families and Protective Services.
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least chest high.
- Must be available to work anytime between 6:00AM to 7:00PM Monday through Friday and evening and weekend events time to time as necessary.
Effectively operates and manages all aspects of a child care school, to include human resources, customer relations, financial systems, quality control and facility management. Provides creative, age-appropriate programs to all children served at the academy. Actively develops and maintains positive customer/community relations. Maintains high capacity utilization and manages all resources effectively and within budget. Establishes strong working relationships with state licensing authorities.
- Ensures academy compliance with all federal and state laws, as well as Kiddie Academy® policies and procedures.
- Completes all required paperwork and record keeping on a timely basis and maintains same in an organized, up-to-date manner. This includes all academy files: for example, student, personnel, vehicle, driver, health and safety files.
- Plans academy activities and actively participates: for example, staff meetings, training sessions, open houses, planning sessions.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with all state licensing authorities, approved vendors and community contracts.
- Meets all state requirements for the position.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with academy staff.
- Recruits, selects and trains qualified employees.
- Ensures that all staff are properly trained and helps develop staff through career growth and guidance.
- Anticipates staffing needs, prepares and posts weekly staffing schedule, and modifies it accordingly depending upon daily attendance in each classroom.
- Ensures state staffing regulations are met at all times.
- Evaluates staff via written performance summary on a quarterly and yearly basis and at other times as needed; recommends merit raises for staff.
- Counsels staff on performance issues; follows Kiddie Academy® guidelines for disciplinary action procedures.
- Submits new staff or staffing changes to licensing representative and maintains up-to-date Human Resources files.
- Trains staff to plan and implement creative, developmentally appropriate programs for all children.
- Ensures that quality control programs are sound and meet all state and Kiddie Academy®
- Actively participates in local professional associations: for example, local AEYC.
- Ensures management is available to greet parents during peak hours (6:30 - 9:00AM and 4:00 - 6:30PM).
- Ensures that facility meets all state, local and Kiddie Academy®
- Oversees the physical condition of the building and contents; seeks approval from ownership and requests repair work as needed.
- Obtains estimates and coordinates repairs with appropriate vendors.
- Monitors the janitorial work performed and reports to academy ownership any problems or concerns; works with vendors to rectify.
- Responds and follows up on all enrollment inquiries. Gives prospective customers tours of the facility and detailed information about Kiddie Academy® Philosophy, Mission, Core Values, programs and procedures.
- Develops and actively maintains positive communication with parents.
- Recognizes parent concerns, evaluates course of action and responds professionally to needs of parents.
- Ensures that staff is aware of specific parent concerns so that problems are resolved.
- Responsible for keeping disenrolled customers to a minimum; determines reasons for disenrollments and addresses problem areas which contribute to student turnover.
- Ensures proper telephone techniques are used.
- Under academy ownership’s direction, familiarizes self with academy budget to ensure that all resources are managed effectively and within budgetary constraints. Assists with drafting new budgets each year.
- Ensures that all computer-related record keeping requirements are met.
- Tracks all monetary transactions with customers and vendors as approved by academy ownership; this process may include approving invoices and providing all necessary paperwork to owner for payment and audit purposes.
- Manages all salary expenses within budgeted amounts and according to prescribed guidelines of compensation plan.
- Ensures that accounts receivable do not exceed specified percentage of posted revenue charges.
- Affects creation of monthly newsletter for the academy.
- Completes state requirements for approved continued education training of 12 clock hours (or more based on local regulations) during the licensing year.
- Meets with licensing specialist during inspections and reports to academy ownership on a timely basis.
- Arbitrates differences among academy personnel.
- Perform other appropriate related job duties.
Kiddie Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Corporate or Franchise Child Care Administrator: 3 years (Required)
- Texas DFPS Director Credential (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)