Senior Production Artist
Location: Columbus, Ohio
About the Agency: FiveHundred Degrees Design Studio is a full-service marketing agency dedicated to the art and science of visual merchandising. From in-store, to out-of-home and everything in between, we help brands make a real connection with consumers. Everything we do is designed to enhance the brand experience through consumer-driven strategy, merchandising, design, and fulfillment. As our client roster continues to grow, we are searching for passionate, motivated and driven individuals to maintain our gold standard of client service. If you thrive working in fast-paced, dynamic agency environments, drop us line – we would love to speak with you!
About the Role: In this position you will work on a variety of assets for several well-known national brands. You will be required to collaborate and decipher verbal and written creative direction. The
Senior Production Artist role involves finalizing a wide variety of deliverables, including but not limited to; digital, print and presentation projects. You must be able to work collaboratively in a team structure as well as be a self-starter that can work independently when needed. The Senior
Production Artist may be required to oversee a team and assign tasks to other production artists.
Previous experience as a manager and overseeing a group is a plus. This is a deadline driven business, the position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule at times, which occasionally can include evening and limited weekend hours.
- Finalize projects and create presentation materials for a wide variety of deliverables.
- Work closely with art directors to achieve professionally produced layouts, print and presentation materials.
- Create and edit files for both RGB and CMYK workflows.
- Maintain the highest level of quality control of deliverables.
- Have a discerning eye for art and composition.
- Names files and supporting art according to department standards.
- Prioritize requests appropriately and manage daily workflow effectively.
- Manage project timelines and communicate effectively with Project Management.
- Assist with conversion and processing of files for various uses and mediums.
- As appropriate, suggest and develop processes that outline, “best practice” for file set- up/design goals, workflow, and computer program use.
- A minimum of 5 years of Production Art experience in an Advertising Agency or Retail environment.
- Advanced level proficiency utilizing the Adobe Creative Cloud Software Suite (InDesign,
Illustrator, Photoshop primarily) on MacOS systems, with the willingness to learn and adapt styles to meet workflow requirements.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong, effective problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience using Portfolio DAM Systems is a plus.
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- Production Artist: 5 years (Preferred)