Full Job Description
Entry Level # Financial Advisor/ Register Rep/ Financial professional/ Agent- High Income
Entry level or new college graduate opportunities rarely give you a Financial Professional opportunity that allows you to manage your own book of business. As a New York Life
Insurance Company Financial Professional you will not only manage your own book of clients but provide clients with insurance options and customer service. You will help your clients prepare for long-term financial stability and security.
New York Life is currently seeking self-motivated, driven individuals with a passion for making a positive impact on peoples’ lives. Your collegiate experience as a student, a member of student organizations, a leader, or a student athlete have given you the skills you need to launch a career in a company with a well-known reputation and resources. Your entrepreneurial spirit and desire for personal growth can take you wherever you want to go, and New York Life can help.
As a Financial Professional you will have the freedom to build your network of insurance clients and business associates who are looking for insurance and financial solutions. Many of our
Agents started their careers with New York Life, right out of college. Entry Level candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of Financial Professional – Entry Level
- Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients
- Make product recommendations to help clients meet their financial goals
- Provide ongoing service and support to existing policyholders
- Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to training development and further education
- Discipline to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself
New York Life offers you not just another job, but career possibilities!
You do not need sales, business development, marketing, or insurance experience to begin your road to success in this role! All you need is passion and a desire to make a difference.
Our comprehensive training program will help give you the tools you need to succeed and create the career success you envision.
We are looking for people who possess the following background/characteristics:
- 4-year degree, preferred but not required
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., “People Person")
- Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator—excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
Here is what distinguishes this opportunity with New York Life:
- Career advancement - Continue to build your own business or, if qualified, move into management – the choice is up to you. Criteria for management are defined and quantifiable.
After two years as a successful agent, additional opportunities that may be available include: sales development manager, product consultant, and Home Office opportunities in recruiting, marketing, or training.
- Training – NYLIC University: One of the most comprehensive and well-respected training programs in the industry.
- Constant support - During and after formal training, you will receive continuous assistance from your manager and peers in your region and across the country to help you succeed. New
York Life offers the feeling of being in business for yourself, but not by yourself. On-site trainers and product consultants are available to you, and this is coupled with an entire division within the company located in the Home Office dedicated to providing agents with prospecting and sales ideas, product knowledge, and application -- we want our new agents to be successful!
- Integrity – “The Company You Keep" – Represent a company you can believe in, be proud of, and find a career home with.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Life/Disability from day one
- 401(k) Plan after one year of service and Defined Pension Plan*
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Reimbursement for industry designations
- Discounts from major wireless carriers
- Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
*Certain eligibility requirements apply. Monthly payments are determined by your earnings, years of service, agent, and the form of payment you choose. The company reserves the right to amend or terminate the plan at any time for any reason.
At New York Life, we strive to be the best every day, the same as you. Here are just a few of our recent recognitions:
Devotion to its policy owners has led New York Life for over 170 years of industry success.
Some of our accolades include:
- A promise to work with you to build a strong financial future for both you and your clients
- #71 on Fortune 100 in 2019
- Most MDRT2 members in any Mutual company in the United States
- Highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer: Standard & Poor’s
(AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA) as of 7/30/18
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender
1Full-time agents and their dependents are immediately eligible for medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and group term life insurance. New York Life reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plans, in whole or in part, at any time
2 MDRT (Million Dollar Round Table) is recognized throughout the industry as the standard of excellence in life insurance sales performance. SOURCE: MDRT as of 7/1/2019
Take the first step to your future success and becoming a part of “the company you keep!"
SMRU 1808981 7/1/2020
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year
- Vietnamese, Mandarin (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused