University of Washington Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Manager of Radiation Oncology. The Nurse Manager is responsible for leading the nursing and medical assistant functions of the center, which successfully integrates clinical care, basic science and clinical research for optimal care and treatment of patients across the continuum of care across all UW Medicine entities and service delivery sites. This role is responsible for overall nurse and MA management through operationalizing the medical center’s values, mission and goals, and with a specific focus on patient care and multi-disciplinary collaboration that centers on Patients Are First principles. The Manager hires, supervises and mentors clinic nurses and MAs in such a way to create effective teamwork, plans and implements programs, services and educational materials to meet specific patient care needs; works to continually improve nursing operations and efficiency; cooperates in monitoring and tracking patient outcomes. Prepares, evaluates and manages financial reports and budget.
Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
- Experience in Radiation Oncology
- Minimum of 1 year management/supervisory experience in a medical setting
- Basic computer knowledge (Word and Excel)
- EMR proficiency
- Demonstrated leadership experience, working collaboratively with medical leadership and staff.
- Demonstrated ability in process improvement to optimize clinic flow and operations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in a manner which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolution, and facilities cooperation and collaboration to meet goals.
- Demonstrated skill in Human Resources management such that staff are productive and function well as a team. Ability to have tough conversations as needed, counsel staff and utilize corrective disciplinary process as needed.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, DOH and other regulatory agency standards
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service in daily interactions with patients, family members and medical staff.
Masters degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or other related field.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.