Emergency Services Representative
Expected Starting Salary\: $17-19/hr
At Cincinnati Children’s, we come to work with one goal\: to make children’s health better. We believe in a holistic team approach, both in caring for patients and their families, and in advancing science and discovery. We strive to do better and find energy and inspiration in our shared purpose. If you want to be the best you can be, you can do it at Cincinnati Children’s.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Has Been Named\:
- The #3 Pediatric Hospital in the Nation - US News and World Report 2022
- The #2 Pediatric Pulmonology & Lung Surgery program in the Nation – US News and World Report 2022
- On Forbes Magazine 2022 list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- One of four Medical Centers making the list of the 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work
- An LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performer in 2022 by The Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
Market Leading Benefits Including\:
- Shift Differential and Weekend Option Pay Programs
- Medical coverage starting day 1 of employment. View employee benefits here\: https\://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/careers/benefits
- Pension plan and optional 403(b) supplemental retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Expansive employee discount programs through our many community partners
- Referral bonus program for current staff!
- Support through Employee Resource Groups such as African American Professionals Advisory Council, Asian Cultural and Professional Group, EQUAL - LGBTQA Resource Group, Juntos - Hispanic/Latin Resource Group, Veterans and Military Family Advocacy Network, and Young Professionals (YP) Resource Group
- Physical and mental health wellness programs
As an Emergency Services Representative you will\:
- Greet the patient/family as they enter Emergency Department or Urgent Care.
- Obtain the patient’s name and verify the correct patient account in the EPIC system and record patient’s chief complaint as to why they are seeking treatment.
- Verify the patient and legal guardian’s identity and place the wrist band on the patient for proper identification.
- Obtain patient insurance information and co-pays/point of service deposits.
- Schedule patient follow up appointments.
- Monitor EPIC system for patient admissions, discharges, or transfers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of work experience in a related job discipline
- Computer and Windows software application proficient. Keyboarding/data entry/mouse proficient
Comprehensive job description provided upon request.
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).