General Carbide, located in Greensburg, PA, manufactures more than 50 grades of tungsten carbide tooling for a wide range of industrial wear and metal forming applications. We produce metallurgical powders that we shape, sinter and finish-grind into tungsten carbide parts. Our unbeatable combination of high-quality materials, metallurgical expertise, and engineering excellence make us the market leader. At this time we are seeking a skilled Environment, Health and Safety Manager.
Key job functions:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to assure compliant with applicable safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Lead monthly Safety Committee Meetings.
- Audit performance of floor activities involving safe work practices by employees and contractors accordingly.
- Provide new employee and contractor EHS orientation training.
- Compile, evaluate, interpret, and report incident, near miss, and routine inspection result.
- Maintain all EHS record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Perform routine general facility condition inspections.
- Train employees on all necessary EHS programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct or facilitate employee exposure monitoring for both chemical and noise exposure in accordance regulatory requirements.
- Develop and conduct safety, health, and environmental training.
- Create and maintain relevant logs, documentation and submittal requirements to regulatory agencies as required.
- Implement and maintain Emergency Action program, including the development and implementation of Fire Prevention and Evacuation Plans including periodic evacuation drills.
- Drive additional required programs including industrial hygiene monitoring, respiratory protection, machine guarding and ergonomics.
- Investigate all work-related safety and environmental incidents and assure timely root cause corrective action development, documentation and tracking.
- Administer waste disposal processes compliant with all applicable regulations including federal and local reporting requirements.
- Maintain all Title V, DEP/EPA documents.
- Support day-to-day manufacturing operations by reviewing/reporting incident data and identifying associated trends, incident type, department etc.
Bachelor’s Degree safety sciences, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or a related field
3-5 years’ experience in Environmental Health & Safety within a manufacturing facility
Ability to manage multiple priorities and proactively engage demands within a fast-paced environment
Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to lead and manage multiple projects
Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with limited information
Ability to communicate effectively with management and employees to foster strong working relationships and support team-oriented culture
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all internal and external customers or vendors
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
General Carbide Corporation offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other benefits to employees.
Job Type: Full-time