The Allen Keller Company, based in Fredericksburg, TX, is offering an opportunity to join a heavy highway road construction company as an Asphalt QA/QC Lab Tech at our asphalt plant located in Junction, TX. Allen Keller Company is a company known for high quality work and exceptional customer service and value. Our success is based on our tenure, experience, and knowledgeable people who are making a positive impact in our community and the industry.
The Asphalt QA/QC Lab Technician is responsible for the testing of hot mix asphalt and aggregates to ensure adherence to federal, state, and/or customer specifications. This position works closely with asphalt plant personnel, aggregates personnel and governmental agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but are not limited to the following:
· Performs daily QC testing on Hot Mix Asphalt as required by governing agencies and at the discretion of the Plant Manager.
· Performs data collection and reporting.
· Assists in mix design development and changes in plant production.
· Performs stockpile analysis on incoming aggregates and RAP stockpiles as needed.
· Performs sampling and testing of stock aggregates; including gradation, gravity absorption and crush counts.
· Communicates testing results to plant management, governmental agencies and customers as needed.
· At least two years experience in asphalt quality control
· Ability to perform strenuous work.
· Must have some basic materials skills.
· Good penmanship, record keeping, and basic computer skills.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
· Ability to communicate effectively over the company radio.
· The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent
- At least two years’ experience in asphalt quality control
- Must be able to perform strenuous activity such as extensive standing/walking, lifting up to 50 lbs. as well as occasional climbing of stairs and ladders.
- Able to work with and near moving heavy equipment and mechanical parts.
- Knowledge and ability to perform mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, multiplication, percentages and weights).
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
- Must be able to read and use measuring devices.
* Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the territory of operation.
- SC/GA DOT Asphalt Level 1 & II training preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Class C Drivers License (Preferred)
- Do you currently hold a TXDOT Asphalt Level 1 & 2 certification?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift