Purpose of Position/ Summary:
- Answers telephone and greet visitors; provides information or refers inquiries to appropriate personnel; routes incoming calls and records messages; responds to emails and faxes as necessary.
- Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and various word processing and file maintenance programs to enter, store, and/or retrieve information; maintains pertinent files and records; scans and copies documents as necessary; ensures files are complete and accurate.
- Assist taxpayers at the counter by answering questions, providing directions, researching information in computer and printing out property record cards as requested.
- Assist taxpayers in filing and checking status of appeals; explain forms and applications; receive and date-stamp all completed forms and applications.
- Process sales disclosures daily and enter into the appropriate systems. Assist with Cyclical Reassessment and compliance duties as needed.
- Might require field work and the use of personal vehicle.
- Will require future Indiana Certification in Assessing
- Assist in the Appeals Department with the various procedures of processing appeals.
- Assist department managers as needed.
All Resumes and applications must be sent to the Human Resources Department of Lake County
Attn: Human Resources
2293 North Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
*Application are located on the 3rd floor of Government Center in the Commissioner’s office
Job Type: Full-time
- Mathematics: 1 year
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Clerical: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: