The Turbine Technician will perform any or all the operations necessary for the assembly, disassembly, test, prep, or de-prep of LM6000, LM2500 and LMS100 gas turbine engines, modules, components or accessories in accordance with appropriate technical specifications and / or standard work practices.
Position Duties/Responsibilities :
- Perform any or all the operations necessary for the assembly, disassembly, test, prep, or de-prep of LM6000, LM2500 and LMS100 gas turbine engines, modules, components or accessories in accordance with appropriate technical specifications and/or standard work practices
- Perform routing of engine hardware, assemblies, and other material in support of assigned area complying with material handling and storage procedures
- Perform comprehensive inspections of gas turbine engines, components and hardware for serviceability in accordance with technical specifications, routers, manuals or other quality verification criteria
- Report and record discrepancies using service manuals as a reference
- Maintain records and ensure proper documentation of turbine assembly, disassembly, or repairs per the Quality Management System (QMS), neatly, accurately, and legibly
- Troubleshoot in-process problems, malfunctions, or component failures
- Use all types of precision measuring instruments and devices, hand and power tools, shop equipment and machinery as assigned
- Uphold safety requirements and compliance in accordance with current policies
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace to promote safety and prevent FOD
- Work individually and in teams to support continuous improvement projects
- Work required hours as requested to meet production and customer needs
- Perform other related duties as requested/assigned by Operations leadership
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Aero-Derivative Gas Turbine or Aircraft Engine Services
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to read and communicate in the English language
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the use of various hand tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, transducers, multipliers, dial indicators, micrometers, scales and other precision instrumentation
- Must be able to read & interpret service repair manuals and technical publications to determine work procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Prior experience working with different types of engines/packages/Gas turbine product lines
- Experience with LM2500, LM6000, LMS100 or other Aero-derivative Gas Turbine Engines or Packages
- Borescope Inspection experience
- Familiarity with static & dynamic balancing theory and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of FOD/DOD prevention and control
The pay for this position is $33.32/Hour. This position is also eligible for a 4% Aero Alliance Bonus plan.
Date to close: 10/21/23
Healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage; access to a Health Coach, a 24/7 nurse-based resource; and access to the Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 confidential assessment, counseling and referral services. Retirement benefits include the GE Retirement Savings Plan, a tax-advantaged 401(k) savings opportunity with company matching contributions and company retirement contributions, as well as access to Fidelity resources and planning consultants. Other benefits include tuition assistance, adoption assistance, paid parental leave, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid time-off for vacation or illness.
General Electric Company, Ropcor, Inc., their successors, and in some cases their affiliates, each sponsor certain employee benefit plans or programs (i.e., is a “Sponsor”). Each Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend, replace, or modify its benefit plans and programs at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion. No individual has a vested right to any benefit under a Sponsor’s welfare benefit plan or program. This document does not create a contract of employment with any individual.
Aero Alliance is a Joint Venture that serves three segments of customers – its two parent companies, Baker Hughes and GE Vernova, as well as the Authorized Service Providers (ASP) network. At Aero Alliance, our purpose is to deliver improved product, repair & execution strategy & fulfillment with best-in-class quality, speed and cost for the JV Partners & ASPs.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No