I. JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, manages the clinical patient care delivery of identified area(s) of responsibility. Manages, the human, fiscal and communication resources to facilitate coordination of care.
Gilchrist is a nationally recognized, nonprofit leader in serious illness and end-of-life care. Under the GBMC HealthCare umbrella, Gilchrist offers more than hospice by providing counseling, support and care to people at every stage of serious illness. Furthermore, we are deeply committed to giving people the clear information and loving support they need to make informed choices about their care.
GBMC Healthcare is a community based health system which owns and operates Greater Baltimore Medical Center, a 250+ bed acute care hospital, Gilchrist, Maryland's largest non-profit hospice provider, and GBMC Health partners which boasts 49 physician practices. The majority of service is provided on our 100-acre campus in the suburban residential are of Towson, MD, conveniently located just north of Baltimore City and easily accessible for visitors from surrounding counties.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master's Degree in Nursing or related degree or the equivalent preferred.
At least five (5) years progressive clinical experience, including at least two (2) years' in a lead or supervisory role. Additional education may be substituted for some of the experience.
· Substantial interpersonal and verbal communication skills required in order to provide effective leadership to assigned staff, maintain effective contacts with patients, families, physicians and community
· Analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee the work of others and to develop and administer sound policies, procedures, budgets and clinical practices.
· RN relevant licensure in the state of Maryland.
· Certification in end-of-life care by the NBHPNA within the first three years of employment
· Ability to stand and walk almost constantly (up to 80% of work time) and occasionally (up to 20% of work time) lift and position patients.
· Ability to perform home care visits.
· Office, Facilities and home environment
Conditions of Employment
· Current licensure in applicable field and Maryland driver's license.