Akamai is growing, and we need Software Development Engineers in Test(SDET) who moves fast, capable of breaking down and solving complex software testing problems and have a strong will to get things done. As a SDET at Akamai you will work on real world problems on a global scale, own your systems end to end and influence the quality and direction of our technology that impacts millions of people around the world.
We are seeking Automation developers to design and develop Tools and Test Frameworks for our next generation products and features build on top of our distributed CDN platform. Your day to day work encompasses tools and framework development, automated test development, continuous integration testing and end-to-end automated solution testing. The job requires a combination of strong technical and team skills.
* Develop Tools, Test Frameworks and Automate the System test process.
* Own and be responsible for the quality of the product and the platform.
* Lead the test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery. Develop effective test strategies through innovation in test.
* Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote best engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, and other quality attributes across products.
* Continuously seek effective and efficient test methodologies
Required Skills and Qualification
* Education: 3 years with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/relevant engineering field or 2 years with Master’s degree in Computer Science/relevant engineering field
* Minimum of 3 years’ professional test automation or software development experience or equivalent.
* Minimum of 3 years’ in Java OR with an object-oriented language such as C++ or C#.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with any one of the scripting language such as Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
* Minimum of 3 years’ working with Linux/Unix-like operating systems.
* Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
* Ability to effectively articulate technical test challenges in to automated test solutions
* Experience with build to test automation, continuous integration
* Automated testing & test-driven development
* Agile/Lean software development methodologies
* Experience with HTTP and debugging HTTP traffic
* Passion to making the internet infrastructure faster and reliable
* Experience with any of the following technologies is an advantage:
* Experience contributing to a continuous delivery / cloud / SAAS project
* Experience with Web Technologies: Web Proxy Servers, Web Servers, web applications and web services