The CIF Documentation Specialist is responsible for reviewing client information and documentation for new account openings, closings and account maintenance ensuring proper control and privacy of client information. The specialist will review and update information on the deposit system in compliance with the USA Patriot Act and other applicable federal regulations, state laws and internal policies and procedures.
The specialist will also perform daily activities related to deposit accounting and support the operations staff with daily processing and related project assignments.
The specialist will provide support in the areas of:
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Account documentation review
- Scanning and indexing documentation
- TIN compliance
- Daily report review
- Supports the department management team on all bank operations related projects.
- CIF-related maintenance functions such as: combining client relationships, profiles linkage and product type changes.
- Reviews new account/new product documents for completeness and accuracy. Tracks exceptions to identification policy, TIN compliance and missing CIF information.
- Recognizes and logs errors for follow up.
- Ensures compliance with various IRS and state regulations.
- Tracks returned mail, i.e. statements and loan payments
- Responds to client service staff to on questions regarding required account documentation and CIF maintenance.
- Scans and indexes all documentation for easy access.
- Participation in projects Bank Operation-related projects
- Communicates with client service managers, representatives and relationship officers.
- Compliance with all Federal, State and local laws and Bank policies and procedures.
- BS/BA preferred with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in a related function.
- Familiarity with state and federal banking regulations. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Access.
Boston Private is an Equal Opportunity Employer