Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Services sector is seeking an Staff Technical Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's US Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Information Technology Services Division of the Executive Office (A/EX/ITS's) team. This is a contract to provide the US Department of State with highly-skilled and qualified personnel to provide high quality, "state of the art" application development activities to be performed in support of A/EX/ITS systems and applications, leveraging an integrated and scalable framework to meet ITS's vision and requirements, leveraging Agile/SCRUM or a hybrid development methodology supported by a DevOps framework.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Leads and monitors technical application development, deployment, and support activities, while communicating and adhering to established procedures, processes and timelines.
- Applies Agile/SCRUM methodologies in the support of rapid prototype development and continuous service delivery.
- Provides subject matter expert (SME) support in technology roadmap development, tracking, and alignment to organizational strategic objectives and risks.
- Participates in complex operating systems, systems software planning and implementation, production support activities, and prototype development.
- Reviews and analyzes current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives, identifies and communications solutions, and recommends improvements.
- Audits, designs, and implements security technologies, services, and processes that support cybersecurity accreditation.
- Ensures daily end-to-end delivery of Configuration Management services in collaboration with the Configuration Management Team.
- Provides reporting and metrics to ensure the quality of the application services are meeting business objectives.
- BA/BS degree in an IT related field and (12) years of professional experience or a High School Diploma and 16 years of professional experience leading application development teams and, multi-functional technical teams
- Active PMP certification, and a CSM or CSD certification
- Demonstrated professional experience and proficiency in Azure DevOps
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements including federal standard security management practices such as FARR or FISMA
- Active Secret clearance required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements including federal standard security management practices and emerging trends within the field
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough needs analysis and implement solutions to drive business outcomes
- Experience with recommending, and implementing technological improvements to ensure quality and support in response to organizational needs.
- Validating best practice of the overall enterprise architecture strategic design, development, testing, and implementation of proof of concept solutions.
- Managing timelines, resolving problems, and coaching team members on Agile methodologies.
- Assisting with performing and providing reviews, analyses, studies, documentation, and recommendations for system design utilizing technical expertise in system engineering, software engineering, logistics, test and evaluation, and training.
- Leveraging industry quality standards to support technology solution decisions in the reliability, scalability, and integration of enterprise integration and modernization efforts.
- Validating quality objectives, managing risks appropriately, and documenting existing systems architecture.