This position is part of the LM Aero Supplier Quality Management team, within the LM Aero Quality & Mission Success organization and reports to the director of LM Aero Supplier Quality Management.
Provide leadership to the Aviation & Mission Systems (AVMS) team of Supplier Quality Engineers (SQEs) deployed at supplier sites in the United States and the Americas performing product acceptance and supplier performance management on behalf of all the LM Aeronautics programs.
Team’s goals are:
Leader’s goals are:
- Accepts purchased products to support program development, production, and sustainment on behalf of LM Aero.
- To ensure long term flow of defect reduction and elimination to continuously reduce cost of poor quality associated with procured product.
- To ensure long term supplier compliance to contractual quality requirements, as they relate to LM Aero product.
- Enable a team of leaders and SQEs to fulfill the team goals by communicating, setting direction, energizing and providing opportunities for training, growth, rotations, and mentoring.
- Serve as main point of contact for AVMS Supplier Quality within LM Aero: Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Lines of Businesses, and other LM functions.
- Serve as LM Aero interface with supply-base executives to ensure commitment and accountability for performance.
The selected candidate will be accountable for collaborating with executive leadership at the supplier sites and at LM Aero to solve technical and contractual issues, for coaching SQEs in their development and performance, and for ensuring the team activities are directly aligned with achieving quality and affordability goals set by the LM Aero programs.
• Understanding and experience with AS9100C.
- Experience planning and/or executing Quality Engineering tools (i.e. PPAP, APQP)
- Understanding and experience with plans for acceptance testing, inspections, and sampling.
- Effective team and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence others by translating data to actionable information that deliver results.
- Experience maintaining productive relationship with supplier and managing frequent interactions with supplier executives.
- Experience with program management and project management tools.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.