- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working in a shipping and receiving role
- 3+ years of experience with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Datacenter Logistics Associate positions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
Logistics Associates receive parts, maintain inventory, and check-out parts as needed to Datacenter Technicians and Engineers. They will also be responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations. This position involves frequent lifting of materials and products. Logistic Associates will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company. They must also maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of all workspaces.
Physical / Environmental Demands (all physical requirements can be completed with reasonable accommodations)
- Requires standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to work is in a warehouse environment where the noise level is loud.
- Assist in loading and unloading shipments.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold or hot weather
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
- May participate in group lifts of 50 pounds or more.
- Willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Noise level varies and can be loud
- Temperature between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Able to read and take direction in English
- Familiar with using an computerized inventory system
- Familiar with waybills and shipping procedures with transport companies
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.