Quality Control Manager
Responsible for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS), and all aspects of managing and directing the Quality department functions.
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Coordinates and supports internal and certification / surveillance AS9100 Audits, and ensure successful audit.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Oversee inspection of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
- Lead a team of Quality inspectors and auditors.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Schedule and conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Oversee product recalls.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection / calibration of measuring devices, tools and proper maintenance of production equipment.
- Ensures compliance with 5S program throughout facility.
- Establishes quality goals and requirements by designing, organizing, and promoting a quality culture; developing and disseminating standards, metrics, standard operating procedure management, and contractor document and production records guidelines.
- Maintains quality compliance by developing and enforcing plans, programs, policies, procedures, and SOPs; conducting audits; evaluating documentation; developing improvement plans; preparing and delivering training courses.
- Responds to customer requests about survey questionnaires, contractual requirements, and quality problems.
- Resolves quality issues with suppliers. Makes final decision on rejected material or fabricated parts and writes corrective action repots.
- Evaluates customer-returned material.
- Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Reviews customer orders, SDI operations sheets, and engineering drawings.
- Attends design review meetings and production weekly meetings, as needed.
- Oversee FAI process compliant to AS9102.
- Support customer source inspections.
- Coordinate MRB meetings for review of nonconforming materials and determination of correction, root cause, disposition, and preventive / corrective actions.
- Conduct nonconformity (NCR) trend analysis, and take corrective / preventive actions accordingly.
Skills / Qualifications
- Requires an undergraduate degree in engineering or quality, and 10 years of successful relevant experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control.
- Proven ability to lead a diverse team of inspectors.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a fast track (fast paced, fast-to-market) design to production environment.
Salary Exempt position
Reports directly to General Manager
Great Benefits and friendly work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)