This is the top Maintenance/ Engineering Position which includes a hotel, restaurant and convention facility. You will supervise a maintenance team. As Chief Engineer you'll manage the engineering/ maintenance of the facility and ensure the safety and comfort of the hotel guests as well as the team members. You will be responsible for motivating and training your team with the skills to keep the facility looking its best.
- Manage daily engineering needs, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right team in place
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance.
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures.
- Maintain relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies and others as needed.
- Help guests needs to ensure their satisfaction.
- Use a maintenance program to ensure the hotel is maintained and in service for our guests.
- Maintain and order parts and supplies whilst minimizing waste and maintaining "green initiatives"
- Four + years experience in general building maintenance and/ or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical and carpentry fields.
- Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/ or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required.
- Preferred CPO Certification
- Hotel Experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time