- Position also will be responsible to provide standard animal husbandry, feeding, weighing, breeding, farrow, nursery care, housekeeping duties as well as a role in equipment maintenance/ repair. All duties will be performed and safe, accurate and timely fashion
- This position will be required to work one weekend every four weeks, include rotating holidays, in various animal units.
Animal Husbandry & Facility Management
- Quality assurance: Meet Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) & protocol compliance, accurate data collection and observation documentation.
- Data collection requiring observations, feed weigh in/out/waste, body weights, breeding, farrow and nursery care, weaning, etc.
- Injections & Treatments
- Animal observations/disease recognition/documentation
- Over-see Ventilation & Animal Environmental Controls to provide a healthy environment.
- Shipping pigs, proper manure handling, culling, euthanizing, heat check, and carcass disposal.
- Distribution of feed within the unit.
- Equipment operation of Scales, forklift, feed carts, pallet jack
- Power Washing and Housekeeping
- Basic building & equipment maintenance/troubling shooting
- Conducts assigned preventative maintenance on equipment.
Experience in swine with basic understanding of animal husbandry
Ability to work in team environment as well as independently with minimal guidanceMust be able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled deadlines
Education: High School Education or Higher
Job Type: Full-time
- swine: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)