Millcreek Community Hospital, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is currently hiring and Full Time Clinical Dietitian to join our team!
SUMMARY: Ensures proper adherence to therapeutic diets as ordered by the physician through maintaining direct patient and resident nutritional care activities in accordance with the approved diet manual and with ADA standards, State and Federal laws, AOA requirements as well as hospital policy. Is responsible for Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews medical orders for modified diets.
- Interviews patients and residents to obtain information regarding food habits and preference which will influence the acceptability of the prescribed diet.
- Instructs patients and residents, relatives and/or caretakers regarding diet therapy to be applied during and subsequent to hospitalization. May recommend to the physician diet adjustments regarding consistency, nutritive content and frequency of feeding.
- Evaluates patient and resident consumption and progress; reports accordingly in their chart. Participates in care planning.
- Prior to discharge, offers recipes, suggests methods of preparation and current sources of gathering further information regarding their diet. May consult with community agencies responsible for home or institutional care.
- Develops patient and resident menus considering variety, season of the year, availability of foods, food preferences, appearance, taste texture, nutritional and caloric content, food costs and production; makes necessary revisions on a timely basis.
- Establishes and maintains a regular and modified diet recipe file to reflect the approved menus. Inspects food produced and meal assembly to assure that quality, quantity, taste, temperature and appearance standards and directions are met.
- Plans, organizes and conducts educational programs for Dietaryemployees, nursing staff, medical interns, residents, students, physicians, other personnel and members of the community.
- Is responsible for individual education and direction of new employees in regard to the therapeutic diet restrictions during their job orientation and training into new positions.
- Is responsible for records and reports concerning number of patients and resident meals served, menus, supplies issued, diet instructions/consultations and others as requested by the Director of Food Services.
Masters or B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics degree.
1-2 years healthcare experience preferred.
Skills: Analytical skills to accurately assess, plan, and evaluate outcomes. Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a diverse population and collaborate in a team environment. Strong nutrition education/counseling and mentoring skills. Critical thinking skills for sound decision making.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered Dietitian with Commission on Dietetic Registration or registration exam eligible with employment contingent upon passing the RD examination within 3 months of date of hire. Maintenance of registration as demonstrated by 75 CEU credits every 5 years. Licensed Dietitian ? Nutritionist (LDN) with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania within 6 months of hire and maintenance of PA-LDN as demonstrated by 30 CEU credits every 2 years.
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN)
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Erie, PA 16509: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Registered Dietitian (Required)
Work Location: In person