- PhD in Computer Science (Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent);
- 5 + years experience managing high-output teams
- 5+ years experience applying ML to solve complex problems for large-scale applications;
- 2+ years experience managing Machine Learning Scientists;
- Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives;
- Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes;
- Experience hiring and leading experienced scientists as well as a successful record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a successful career track
Do you have a Master's or PhD in Computer Vision and Machine Learning and 10+ years of industry experience, driving teams that build high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn and act intelligently and you're looking for your next challenge?
This team at Amazon specializes in building Computer Vision and Machine Learning solutions to enable intelligent self-learning robots at exceptional levels of performance operating at Amazon scale.
The successful candidate will have a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical egg or related discipline with a strong focus on computer vision and machine learning, 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in robotic and related systems, signal processing, and 2+ years of practical experience managing machine learning scientists.
- Lead a team that advances long-term, exploratory research projects in computer vision, machine learning and related fields to solve complex problems in robotics;
- Develop and manage the long-term vision and portfolio of research initiatives for your team;
- Manage the design, development and evaluation of highly innovative, scalable models and algorithms;
- Lead experienced scientists as well as develop junior members from academia/industry to a successful career track in applied science;
- Grow your team by hiring the best;
- Project manage cross-functional projects;
- Work with product and software engineering teams to manage the integration of successful models and algorithms in complex, real-time production systems at very large scale.
PhD and 7+ years of industry experience in Robotics, machine learning, computer vision, autonomous controls, sensing and/or field operations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation