Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley. Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci® System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children’s Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women’s and children’s services. In 2016, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics. With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year.
- Assessments - Collects, prioritizes, and synthesizes comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or situation
- Diagnosis - Analyzes assessment data to determine nursing diagnoses
- Outcomes Identifications - Identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient
- Planning - Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
- Implementation - Implements the identified plan
- Evaluation - Evaluates the patient’s progress towards attainment of the outcome
- Quality of Practice - Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
- Education - Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
- Professional Practice Evaluation - Evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and regulatory guidelines
- Collegiality - Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others
- Collaboration - Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice
- Ethics - Acts in an ethical manner
- Research - Integrates research findings in practice
- Resource Utilization - Incorporates factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in planning and delivering patient care
- Leadership - Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
- Environmental Health- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
.• Current Allina Health Employees:
- New Graduate hires must be a graduate of a nationally accredited school of nursing and inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility
Requires a minimum Associate Degree in Nursing for all RN positions
- Non Allina Health Employees:
Bachelor Degree in Nursing is required in all non-specialty areas.
Associate Degree in Nursing may be considered for Specialty areas with a minimum of 1 year of experience specific to the specialty.
- Specialty areas include: Critical Care, Labor and Delivery, Emergency Department, Operating Room and Mental Health
- Current RN licensure in the State of Minnesota (Current WI nursing license for River Falls Hospital)
- Basic Life Support (per American Heart Association guidelines) by completion of orientation.
Tier 1 – Successful completion of Mercy ICU orientation or 1 year recent ICU experience required
.75FTE 30 hours/week
Rotating 12 hour D/N (7a-7:30p/7p-7:30a)
Every 3rd weekend
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
Population = 63,000
Service area = 413,500
Community Resource Links:
Community Information School Digger
Explore MinnesotaMN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul MagazineSt. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living MagazineStar Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.