WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Are you an experienced developer? Then you’re in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and developing web based products. Is this you? Read on…
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Insomniac produces 10,000 concerts, club nights and festivals for seven million attendees annually across the globe. Since its inception, Insomniac's events have taken place in 13 countries across five continents. The company's premiere annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the world’s largest dance music festival and attracts more than 525,000 fans over three days. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
As a Front End Developer, you will be responsible for creating visually engaging and accessible experiences for desktop, tablet, and mobile. You will be contributing to the development of internal and external facing applications. This position is located in Calabasas, CA with the possibility of a hybrid work schedule. This is not a fully remote position.
- Develop visually engaging and accessible applications for mobile, desktop, tablet devices
- Provide maintenance for current websites
- Build new and upcoming features
- Write and comprehend functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality prototypes on tight timelines with the ability to iterate on those prototypes to develop the best product
- Work effectively with a cross-disciplinary team (e.g., assisting backend developers with integrations, working through new concepts with designers before implementation, etc.)
- Implement and maintain various style/branding guides throughout all products
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a developer role on a team
- Must be proactive, adaptive, and a problem-solver with a keen eye for detail
- Proficient in building web pages with HTML + CSS (flexbox, grid layouts), JSX
- Experience consuming REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Git
- Experience in mobile-first responsive design
- Portfolio of work examples required
- If you have a GitHub profile, we’d love to see that as well (please include in your application)
- Experience with Next.js, Remix or other similar Node.js based full stack frameworks
- Experience with animations using CSS, JS, GSAP, React-spring or similar
- Proficient with TypeScript (or any typed language)
- Understanding of modern design principles
- 2D/3D in-browser rendering with Canvas, WebGL, three.js
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- Must be willing to work in drastic temperature climates when onsite at our events
- Must be willing to travel to work during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$96,000.00 USD - $120,000.00 USD
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.