The Part Time Custodian position is responsible for performing general facility maintenance, classroom preparation, building supervision and custodial duties at the District’s indoor facilities. This position is under the direct supervision if the Custodial Manager and Supervisor.
$12.00 - $14.00 DOQ
Up to 29 hours per week; Various evenings 6:00pm to midnight, Saturday 3:30 PM to midnight
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Complete room set-up and tear-down to accommodate scheduled activities, including recreation programs, rentals, meetings, special events and facility rentals.
Maintain and clean indoor facility space.
Respond to safety and emergency requests.
Follow procedure to open and close indoor facilities in accordance with facility schedules.
Serve as a host for outside rentals and perform check-in & check-out procedures.
Transport equipment, supplies and program guides to necessary facilities.
Receive items shipped from vendors and distribute to facilities.
Remove snow and apply salt at key access points.
Comply with District financial policies. Communicate budgetary requests to supervisor.
Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with residents, customers, vendors, community partners and co-workers.
Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Report all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience
- Skill in the operation of trucks and other light automotive equipment.
- Skill in performing a variety of maintenance, repair and manual tasks.
- Skill in the operation of building maintenance equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere which promotes positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently in day to day operations with general direction from the supervisor.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work based on the facility schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, fumes, dirt, loud noise, and insect bites.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Ability to move from site to site.
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium weight (>30 lbs.) objects. Lifting assistance is required when lifting over 30 lbs.
- Occasional manipulation of assigned office equipment.
- Prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, twisting and climbing for extended periods of time.
- Sustained posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and strength to operate power-operated machines.