Science Education Resource Ctr
Administrative Assistant, Science Education Resource Center (SERC)
Non Exempt (Paid hourly)
If part time, hours to be worked weekly
If temporary please provide Start Date
And End Date
Position Summary Information
Purpose of this Position
The Administrative Assistant
is part of the Science Education Resource Center (SERC) office administrative team and provides administrative support to the director and staff.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the office including calendar of events, activities, and scheduling of meetings.
- Provide first line of communications for office including opening, distributing and prioritizing mail, answering, screening and directing calls and email inquiries.
- Order and maintain office equipment, supplies, and furniture; maintain office publications, oversee supply room.
- Work with the Business Manager on processing reimbursements, travel stipends, and payment of invoices, as well as personal and Director credit card management/reconciliations.
- Schedule annual performance reviews for the Director with office staff.
- Assist with workshop planning and logistics.
- Work with SERC staff on project data coordination.
- Work with Director to plan and coordinate outside travel.
- Assist in orienting new staff members to the office. Arrange for office keys and supplies, coordinate required ITS and Telecommunications needs.
- Manage the SERC Student Assistant staff, including searches, hiring, training, supervising, and recognition of the student workers.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Work with the executive office of the National Association of Geoscience Teachers to:
- Provide data entry support for updating memberships, subscriptions, change of Addresses.
- NAGT meeting management, including, but not limited to: scheduling, doodles, reminders, and reserving conference room or conference lines.
- NAGT awards program management.
- Post-high school education and up to five years of related experience.
- Excellent computer skills with experience using Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work and multi-task with many interruptions and some unpredictability of work situations.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants
As per the Carleton Upward Mobility Program, priority consideration for internal applications will be given to those who apply by the close of business Thursday, June 21, 2018.
Pending the review of those internal applications, external applications will be considered at that time. External applications are welcome at any time.
Carleton College is a AA/EEO employer. We are committed to developing our staff to better reflect the diversity of our student body and American society. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.