This requisition is for a Project Engineer to lead the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) Air Commando Training Support (ACTS) contract in Albuquerque, New Mexico and four field sites for the Simulator Common Architecture Requirements and Standards (SCARS) efforts. The selected candidate will manage the design hardware, power requirements, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system mass storage space. Manages the team that interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware/software, coordinates installations, writing acceptance test procedures/demos, performing integration and test engineering duties. Support cybersecurity evaluations and ACAS scans of DoD training systems and associated computing environments. The selected candidate will have knowledge of Virtualization and the use and configuration of RAID/NAS/SAN devices is required. Manages the team to perform extensive analysis of systems, applications, and network performance to identify and resolve hardware or software related problems in a manner that minimizes impacts to the customer's mission. Understanding of active directories, logs, domain controllers, etc. to support SCARS capabilities on 23 training devices across four sites. A self-starter able to work independently and in a team environment. The first-year goal is to design capabilities that rapidly work towards standardizing methods of scanning training devices remotely through 3rd party DMO connections following Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) operational guide lines. Some travel is required.
- Lead/Supervisory the SCARS IPT made up of HW, SYS, SW, Sysadmin, Network and Cybersecurity Engineering personnel and possibly subcontractors
- Interface with other LM functions as needed: Technical Writers, CM, DM, procurement, management, planning, finance, subcontracts, etc..
- Experience with HW-SW relationships and architecture
- Experience/Knowledge of VMWare ESXi/vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience/Knowledge of Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity Engineering/ISSO/Computer Systems Security Analyst functions
- Knowledge of DMO Operations and Network Engineering
- Extensive Government customer relationship
- Lead technical presentations
- Knowledge of AFSOC ACTS training devices and training networks
- Able to perform site surveys, evaluations, installations, testing and Government sell off at four AFSOC ACTS sites
- Travel for extended periods of time
- Author white papers on Patch Management and Cybersecurity Auditing
- CDRL delivery / technical writing
- Systems and hardware experience in DoD environments, including requirements analysis, design, hardware evaluation, configuration, and test of custom software and configurations.
- Knowledge of VMWare ESXi/vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with NetApp systems
- Familiarity with virtualized platforms and capabilities
- Scripting skills/experience (including Python, Linux shell, Java, PowerShell +, then Java/C++/Perl)
- Domain Controller and Active Directory experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.