Ascend Analytics is an innovative “green tech” software service company focused on providing pioneering energy analytic products and consulting services that are transforming the electric grid by integrating renewable technologies. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions, comprising advanced operating strategies, resource planning and investment strategies, providing support for both short and long term planning decisions for our customers.
As a Python Developer, you will be responsible for implementing automated pipelines for novel analytic operations. Your technical skills will support mission critical decision analytics for renewable and traditional power providers around the globe. Additional responsibilities will include development of testing frameworks, data management, and integration of analytics and visualization. We're looking for talented individuals with a serious interest in software solutions for analytics across the entire stack.
· Implementation of scalable procedures
· Construction of robust pipelines for analytic operations
· Implementation of validation, unit testing, and profiling frameworks
· Active participation in the entire software life cycle
· Modernize legacy software
· Optimize performance of algorithms
· Integrate data flow with business-facing analytics and visualization
Required Skills & Knowledge:
· Experience with Python; numpy/pandas/sklearn stack preferred
· Experience with source control; SVN preferred
· Interest in software engineering
· Familiarity with relational databases (MS SQL or Oracle)
· Familiarity with MapReduce-like operations
· Familiarity with parallel computing
· Understanding of test design
Education & Experience:
· BS required in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, or related field; MS preferred
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average. We offer flexible work hours with a relaxed environment and opportunities for advancement. Excellent benefits are available, including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k plan. Ascend values their employees' overall well-being and we contribute a monthly stipend to any gym membership our employees choose. We're looking for talented individuals with a serious commitment to software development and energy systems analysis. Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit!
Job Type: Full-time