We are looking for an Experienced Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse for our Pediatric Offices in Chantilly, Lake Ridge, Manchester Lakes and Patriot Square. This position will require travel to all four (4) of our locations.
Our Pediatric office is a GREAT PLACE to work offering excellent benefits such as: Paid Time Off; 401k; Health Insurance and Paid Holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- Performs general nursing care for patients, including administration of immunizations, allergy shots, antibiotics, and performs treatments under the direction of the providers.
- Ensures established patient medical records are updated according to practice protocol including progress notes, immunization records, and other information are in place and computer templates are used.
- The Nurse participates in a team huddle with the Provider to discuss the day’s appointments and identifies if any resources are needed.
- Greets patients and prepares them for the provider’s examination. Screens patient/parent for appropriate information, and obtains vital statistics appropriate for age, gender, and type of visit. Instructs patient/parent in the collection process of specimens and tests.
- Prepares equipment and aids the provider during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records, and reports patient’s condition, adverse reaction to medication or treatment to the provider.
- Arrange patient referrals to specialists, special tests, and/or hospital admissions.
- Provides educational aids and information to parent/patients by telephone or in person.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning patients’ medical and financial information. Patient’s protected health and financial information may not be disclosed without prior written authorization from the parent/guardian (or patient is he/she has reached majority).
- Maintains exam rooms with necessary supplies and equipment in clinical area.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- 1 year experience, preferably in a pediatric medical group practice
- Possession of a Commonwealth of Virginia Nursing License
- CPR certified required
- Competency in operating medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge required to maintain a safe work environment.
- Skilled in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of professional nursing to provide patient care.
- Possess the ability to maintain quality control standards, react calmly and effectively in emergencies, interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures, communicate clearly, and work effectively with co-workers, while maintaining confidentiality of clinical information
This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.