Operations Associate - Mandarin Speaking
As part of the Alibaba Group family of companies, OSP is Alibaba Group’s North America operating team for cross-border B2B initiatives. We are empowering modern global trade for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
As an Operations Associate, you will help process over $100m in US to China exports for sale on Alibaba premier Tmall.com shopping platform this year alone.
You will join the team that is transforming the leader in a $600bn market into a new multi-trillion dollar global commerce ecosystem. Jack Ma has been quoted widely describing his vision of empowering small businesses to thrive by providing efficient access to all markets. By joining us, you will be at the front of this endeavor for the world’s SMEs.
As a Operations Associate we will rely on you to:
- You will support the Tmall Direct Import team with day-to-day operations
- You will correspond with US suppliers to manage listing creations & account setup
- You will coordinate with the Alibaba Tmall buying & logistics team to execute Purchase Order operations.
- You will provide basic English to Mandarin translation work for packaging and ingredients
This Job Might Be For You If:
- You will access responses to/from organizers to ensure standards are met
- You will identify trends and/or opportunities and make recommendations for how to improve the program.
- You have a 4 year college degree & at least 2 years administrative or operational experience.
- You are detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable in a fast past work environment
- You are willing to split your work hours between morning and evening to correspond with the workday in China.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure. If you don't know the answer, you'll know how to ask, or dig until you find it.
- You are fluent and communicate clearly in both English and Mandarin. You write well. You speak eloquently.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can adapt quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches. If a process doesn't work, you can collaborate with others to create one that does.
- You are motivated and curious. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You're comfortable managing your time and can be counted on to successfully reach goals.