Shelter Operations Manager- Women's Emergency Shelter- Smith Road Location
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:*
An Operations Manager at Catholic Charities:
- Applies appropriate techniques and standards in program development and service delivery.
- Develops, recommends, and oversees implementation of policies, procedures, and objectives to support our mission.
- Ensures that shelter associates and supervisors are trained in de-escalation, trauma informed care, boundaries, and mental health first aid.
- Oversees on the job training and education for shelter associates, supervisors, custodial staff, and safety and security associates.
- At the direction of Women’s Emergency Services Directors and in conjunction with the Facilities Manager and Program Manager, offers insight, oversight, and advocacy regarding the shelter guest experience.
- Activates and upholds shelter community guidelines and policies, Agency standards, best practices for guest interactions as well as engages in the guest grievance, guest suggestion, and Do Not Readmit reviews or appeals process.
- Works in collaboration with leadership across all of Women’s Emergency Services to address service delivery needs for all shelter locations.
- Models human-centered, nonviolent communication skills with guests and other staff.
- Prepares and administers area budget within established guidelines.
- Compiles accurate and timely operations statistical data to meet reporting requirements. Monitors performance measurements and recommends performance improvements
- Ensures that shelter staff follow licensing, accreditation, state and federal standards and other appropriate regulatory or professional requirements.
- Maintains professional ties with other service organizations for the benefit of the program.
- Completes necessary administrative duties (paperwork, etc.) timely and accurately.
- In collaboration with the Facilities Manager, ensures all Samaritan House staff are trained and adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- On-call for consultation and intervention after hours and on weekends.
Applicable shelter staff.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and personnel management.
- Ability to work effectively within the framework of Catholic teachings.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate staff through application of Agency values
- Intermediate knowledge of computers to input information, maintain client and program data, create and generate reports, and create communications.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE*
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university in related field; and three to five years related operations experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master’s Degree preferred. MBA or business related preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid CO driver’s license, satisfactory driving record and proof of insurance required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:*
Salary: $50,000- $55,000 DOE.
Schedule:* WES 48th is open 24/7. This position is 40 hours per week and may require flexibility.
Training:* We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided includes: Food Safety, De-escalation, CPR and AED, Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and more.
Benefits: *In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
**Full-time employees (30 - 40 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?* If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Location: 6240 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80216
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year