Advantage Resourcing has MULTIPLE open positions for 100% Remote Splunk Engineers!
Location can be anywhere in the Continental USA
Candidates with Splunk certifications for Power User and Administrator are highly preferred.
Splunk Infrastructure Engineering. This role will support the senior-level Infrastructure Engineering work within an enterprise Splunk environment. The contractor will support engineering functions that directly contribute to the capacity and performance of the Splunk environment. The selected individual must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, with constantly evolving needs. Will partner as a technical resource on large-scale (enterprise wide) application/infrastructure delivery initiatives.
Desired Qualifications establishes candidate as a standout:
- Splunk administration skills in an on-premises, enterprise environment ingesting >2TB daily (ideal candidate will have experience in environments in excess of 10TB or more of daily ingest)
- 5+ years of Splunk experience, including indexer & search head clusters, deployment servers, cluster masters & high-availability environments
- 5+ years of infrastructure experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 7+ years of operating systems analysis experience, operating systems engineering experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment scale, change controls, process & procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of application development, infrastructure, and architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of systems, storage, and network infrastructure
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Enterprise Security (ES) premium product is very strongly desired
- Experience with IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) premium product
- Other Splunk premium products experience a plus - UBA, Hunk, MLTK, etc.
- Splunk query, reporting, and dashboard skills with particular emphasis on reporting on infrastructure & application performance & capacity
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- BS/BA degree or higher Job Expectations
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, as needed