The Biostatistics Center is an off-campus research facility of The George Washington University located in Rockville, Maryland. The Biostatistics Center serves as the coordinating center for large scale multi-center clinical trials and epidemiologic studies funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other Federal agencies. The Biostatistics Center is a leader in the statistical coordination of major medical research programs of national and international scope, frequently leading to major medical advances. Visit our website: www.bsc.gwu.edu.
The Biostatistics Center’s Subcontract Coordinator provides budgetary support and subcontract, service and consultant agreement administration for large clinical trials in maternal fetal medicine. The position works with Project and Admin staff to ensure critical needs of study are met.
- Participates in proposal submission.
- Tracks, reviews and edits subcontracts, service and consultant agreements, and checks for accuracy and grant compliance.
- Serves as liaison to subrecipients, contractors, BSC personnel and Office of the Vice President for Research.
- Requests, reviews and compiles annual or proposal budgets and other documentation for submission to sponsor.
- Reviews subcontract invoices and issues payment to subrecipient.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for subrecipient and contractor agreements.
- Generates monthly clinic invoices for clinic reimbursement.
- Responds to queries regarding payments.
- Monitors IRB (human subject approval) status for subcontracts and communicates with subcontractors regarding renewals.
- Tracks expenditures and analyzes costs.
- May provide administrative oversight of subcontracts under the direction of the Research Administrator.
- Attends conference calls and meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Responsible, relevant grants and contracts experience.
- Strong quantitative, written, oral, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail.
- An aptitude for working with budgets and invoices or some accounting experience.
- Clinical or scientific background is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel and MS Word.
Typical Hiring Range $18.71 - $28.04 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
Family Research Administration
Sub-Family Research Program Administration
Stream Individual Contributor
Level Level 1
Hours Per Week:
Monday through Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm schedule can be flexible
Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work.
Required Background Check:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only? No
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.